You must have heard a lot of parents say they can’t get their babies to sleep. Some are forced to drive around or ride the elevator up and down just to calm down the baby. Well, if you get yourself a baby swing, you don’t have to suffer through sleepless nights or irritable afternoons with your baby. Whether you are expecting a new baby or simply buying one for a friend, here are some of the essential features to look for when looking to buy baby swings.
1. Sturdy Frame – You need a swing with a solid structure. Remember, babies come in different weights so you need a swing that will hold the baby’s weight effortlessly. It would be devastating if the baby fell down while you were trying to swing him/her to sleep.
2. Power System – Each swing has at least one of the three types of power systems. It can either be battery operated, winding up or outlet powered. Out of these three power options, you should settle for the battery operated option. That’s because it is portable and can be used anywhere. Whether you want to stay in the living room with your baby or in the bedroom, you can also choose a suitable type from best battery operated baby swing reviews, for it allows you to do so effortlessly.
3. Comfortable Seat – The seat on the swing is also something that should be considered during your purchase. You need to assess the quality of the seat to make sure the baby is safe whenever he/she is on the swing. Start by checking the padding to make sure it’s comfortable enough and safe. Chose a swing that can tilt allowing your baby to lie down and nap in a secure seat. In addition, these swings provide adequate support to the child’s head since they lack enough support in the first few months.
4. Safety Harness – You need to choose a swing with a good safety harness to restrain your child when they are on the swing. The ideal baby swing should have at least 3 harness points to make sure they are strapped properly but if you can find one, choose one with 5 harness points for the best results. That way, your child can be properly strapped on the shoulder and on the lap efficiently.
5. Control Panel – A good baby swing should have a control panel that’s easy to use. It should have beneficial features such as the speed control, a sound system and much more. There is also baby swing with lights and music, so the control panel should also have the option of turning it on and off whenever you need it.
6. Sound System – Babies love music and when you are trying to calm your baby down in the swing, it would come in handy to play some music from it. That’s why you need to consider swings that have sound systems. The music will keep the baby preoccupied allowing him/her to sleep fast. You should be able to control the music from the control panel and switch between songs if possible for the best results.
7. Speed Variables – You need a baby swing with different speed variables because with one speed you will be stranded. For instance, the speed might be too fast for your baby or a little too slow to calm down your child. With different speeds to choose from you can try out each one and find the one perfect for your child effortlessly.
8. Swing Path – Most swings can move from front to back or side to side while others have both motions. It’s a good idea to get one with both motions but you should expect to pay a little more for them. However, you can always choose the front to back or the side to side only motion as long as you know what your baby likes.
9. Washable Seat Covers – You should be prepared for your baby to make a mess even when on the swing. You don’t want to be stuck forever with stains or a stench and that’s why washable seat covers are ideal.
10. Toy Bar – Babies are easily distracted and getting a swing with a toy bar you will easily calm down your baby or get them to sleep just like the sound system.
11. Child Tray – There are times when removing your child from the swing starts another tantrum so it’s better to leave them there. That’s why you need a swing with a child tray. That way, you can feed them while on the swing without moving them. Even better, you can place your child’s favorite toys on the tray and keep him/her distracted.
The above features on a baby swing are essential if you want to get the best out of it. Therefore, do your research and find the right baby swing with these features to make your life easy with a newborn.